Muscle growth supplements have been around for decades. In the past, they have typically been geared for men, but with the growing need for supplements for women there have been products developed specifically for women athletes.
While most products have been developed with research, safety, and proven efficacy, there are always products that are unsafe and very dangerous with little or no research to back them up. Before choosing a supplement, make sure you do your homework.
Muscle Growth Supplements for Beginners
- If you are beginning an exercise program muscle, growth supplements are not necessary.
- Consult your doctor and get the advice of a personal trainer.
- Calculate your calorie needs.
- A protein powder/shake can be used before your workout to give you sustained energy for your workout. Protein consumed after a workout to promote muscle recovery and growth.
Muscle Growth Supplements for Intermediate level Athletes
At this stage, you have developed a good routine a reached a few goals and are ready to advance to the next level of fitness. You may have noticed an increased need for more protein and overall calorie intake.
- Now is a great time to reevaluate your goals and set new goals.
- If Muscle mass is your goal, it is important to ensure you are consuming enough calories to maintain your current muscle mass and promote muscle growth.
- To consume enough calories from protein, you will need to add shakes, protein bars, or other forms of muscle growth supplement.
Muscle Growth Supplements for Advanced Athletes
The advanced stage in building muscle mass is the most challenging; this is the stage in which much of your time is taken eating, training, and evaluating your goals; this is the stage most athletes begin to get ready to compete.
- Choose a fitness or body-building competition to strive for. This will serve as great motivation to reach your goals. One that is not so far out that you will lose interest and one that is not so soon that it’s impossible to be stage ready.
- Experiment with stage techniques, tanning products, and tricks of the trade.
- If you haven’t been already, write down your goals and log calorie needs
- Choose a muscle growth supplement that will maximize your efforts in the gym.
Natural or Man-Made Muscle Growth SupplementsThis is a choice only you can make. Choose natural or man-made may have everything to do with what type of competition you plan to compete in. Some fitness and body-building competitions only allow natural forms of supplements to be used.